Friday, May 21, 2010

Essay Writing: Challenges and Conquests

I believe that essay writing is extremely important and before this class, I had almost no idea how to write a one. I have improved drastically in being able to analyze literature but I still have a lot to learn. I have learned that every author uses a very specific style to express themes and ideas that they believe important.

For me the hardest thing to do is begin my essay with a powerful hook. It's one of the most important things because it draws the reader into your essay and gives them more interest. Original titles play a similar role and unfortunately, I can never make a good one. One of my final struggles would be leaving the reader with a lasting impression in the conclusion. Luckily, Mrs. Gilman, being the amazing teacher she is, has given us until Monday so I can work on perfecting these parts of my essay.

No comments:

Post a Comment